Tampa Brass & Aluminum Foundry is how this business began; building bushings and simple castings for the shipyards and phosphate mines. Technology and our desire to be a top quality caster supporting the military and other critical industries have led us into the 21st century.
In No Bake or Air Set; large castings of high quality, supporting defense (submarines, tanks) and commercial (air flow, turbines).
In Permanent Mold, supporting higher quantities, for defense (Humvee, anti-tank) and commercial (power breaker, medical).
In our Hunter 20, green sand that fits within a 20” x 24” envelope.
In support of our castings, we possess all the systems and processes to assure the best in quality and delivery.
- Cutting and finishing abrasion tools for finishing.
- Heat treat and aging.
- NDT lab that performs chemicals, physicals, fluorescent dye penetrant Type I & II and X-ray.
- Pattern Shop for new patterns, rapid prototyping and general repair and troubleshooting.
Prominent Jobs include:
- Power Breaker CT Tower (Aluminum 356 permanent mold castings)
- Electrical switch (Aluminum 356 & Bronze 833, 836, 958 greensand castings)
- Pump Housings (Aluminum A356 Air-Set castings with multiple passages)
- Transmission Castings (Aluminum 355 castings for the X200 & X1100 military transmissions)
- Actuator Housings (High Strength Aluminum 201 Air Set castings machined for Oil Drilling)
- Electrical Chassis Housings (Aluminum 355 Air-set castings with extensive cooling fins)
- C-130 Brackets (Aluminum A356 castings machined for non flight components)